Red kidney beans or Rajma is undoubtedly on of the healthiest vegetarian sources of high-quality protein and fiber that makes it an important part of vegetarian and vegan diet to lose weight. It is also a healthy food of vegetarian body builders. This is a traditional North Indian dish that can be paired with both Multi-grain Rotis and Brown Rice and is one of the best lunch ideas for weight loss.
1. Rajma or Kidney Beans – 2 Cups
2. Chopped Onion – 1 Large
3. Chopped Tomatoes – 3
4. Chopped Ginger -1 Inch
5. Chopped Garlic- 7 to 8 Cloves
6. Chopped Green Chillies – 2
7. Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
8. Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
9. Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
10. Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
13. Nutrilite Low Fat Butter – 2tsp
1. Soak the kidney beans in 3 to 4 cups of water for 8 to 9 hours. 2. Drain out the water and rinse the beans under running water 3 to 4 times.
3. Add the kidney beans in a pressure cooker along with chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies along with the spices – cumin seeds, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder.
4. Add 3 cups of water to it, still well and add the butter. Close the lid and cook for 18 to 20 whistles.
5. Now, remove it from flame and once the pressure subsides, open the lid to check if the beans are cooked completely.
6. Now, transfer the whole thin to a pan and start cooking on medium flame till the gravy gains a thick consistency.
7. Add the coriander leaves and garam masala powder from the top.
8. And serve hot with Multi-grain Rotis and/or Brown Rice.
HAPPY LUNCHING !!!! 🙂