#To make this smoothie bowl a little thicker, add an extra 1 tbsp chia seeds to the blender.
#Smoothie bowls have found their way into my rotation lately. They’re a little bit thicker, so it feels less like drinking a thick juice and more like eating slightly melted ice cream. Plus, the toppings add substantial crunch. This one is sweet from mango, and it’s topped with a generous sprinkle of pistachios, which are by far my favorite nut (because they’re delicious, but also because they’re so, so pretty).
#11 g fiber
#21 g protein
#Chia seeds are an excellent source of dietary fiber (about 10 grams per ounce) and protein. They are one of the richest an omega-3 fatty acid. They also contain antioxidants and many essential minerals including iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
#The health benefits of pistachios include a healthy heart, weight management, protection against diabetes and hypertension, and improved digestion. The vitamins, minerals, fats and protein found in pistachio are all very good for your health.
1. 1 medium mango, peeled, chopped, (or 1 cup frozen mango cubes)
2. 1/2 cup plain 2-percent-fat Greek yogurt
3. 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
4. 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. 1 tablespoon chia seeds
6. 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
1. In a blender, puree mango, yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Top with chia seeds and pistachios.