Healthy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
You won’t believe it’s healthy! Our sinless grilled cheese sandwich is the best thing since sliced bread. Pair with our healthy tomato soup recipe for an easy midday meal.Once fall’s cool breezes come, grilled cheese cravings kick into high gear. Satisfy those cravings with an update to the classic sandwich that won’t set your healthy-eating plans off track. This one’s loaded with an all-fruit jam, so you score the added sweetness without added sugar.
Healthy Cooking Tips
The jam or jelly adds a hint of sweetness that brings out the sharp flavor of the cheese. “Choose an all-fruit jam with no added sugar,”
1. 8 slices light whole wheat bread (about 40 calories each)
2. 1 tablespoon olive oil
3. 1/4 cup fig jam or grape jelly
4. 4 ounces thinly sliced Cheese (FAT FREE)
5. 1 small pear thinly sliced
6. Nonstick cooking spray
1. Brush one side of each slice of bread lightly with olive oil. Turn over four of the slices and spread with jam. Top each with 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the sliced pear, then the remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
2. Lightly coat a griddle or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is melted, turning once to brown both sides.