Egg White Crepes
“Crepes made with whole wheat flour, skim milk, and egg whites. You’d never know they’re more health-conscious than your basic crepe from the taste.”
1. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2. 2 egg whites
3. 1/2 cup skim milk
4. 1 pinch salt
5. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6. 1/2 cup mixed berries, thawed and drained or banana
7. 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting.
1. Whisk together the wheat flour, egg whites, milk, salt, and oil in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. Tilt the pan in a circular motion to allow the batter to spread to the edges.
4. Cook until the bottom is light brown, about 2 minutes.
5. Flip the crepe and place 2 tablespoons of the mixed berries in the center of the crepe; cook another 2 minutes.
6. Fold the crepe in half and remove with a spatula to a serving plate.
7. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.