Simple refreshing salad that works well with spicy tikka masala recipe.
#The cucumber skin is rich in fiber and contains a variety of minerals like potassium, magnesium and tryptophan.
#Yogurt is also high in iodine, calcium and phosphorous. Cucumbers are a very good source of vitamin C and caffeic acid, both of which prevent water retention and reduce swelling.
#Vitamin C is important for a good immune system and is required for the growth and repair of tissues. Fiber is another important element that helps to reduce constipation, colon cancer etc. Studies show that food high in fiber content will reduce the risk of heart diseases and improve glucose tolerance by reducing the risk of diabetes.
1. 3 medium cucumbers
2. 2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
3. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4. 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar, to taste
5. 1 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
6. 1 tablespoon chopped mint
7. Rock Salt – as per taste
1. Peel cucumbers; slice in half lengthwise.
2. Dice the cucumbers and place in a bowl.
3. Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, cumin, rock salt and mint.
4. Pour over cucumbers and toss to coat.
5. Mix well.