Chamomile, also referred to as Babune Ka Phal in Hindi, has a stellar reputation for healing, and with good reason. It is prepared from dried flowers and it brings an oasis of calm and tranquility. Chamomile tea is a popular beverage across the world, it is steeped with both health and skin benefits that are hard to find in many other teas. The benefits of chamomile tea are in abundance. It is not only soothing and refreshing, but can also be beneficial for you in more than just one way.
13 Remarkable Benefits of Chamomile Tea
- Reduces Acne : Not just the glow, chamomile tea could help end your war with frequent acne break out too. Chamomile tea helps fade spots, eliminate acne scars and fight breakouts, if used topically, due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Reduces Stress : Today’s busy, chaotic world leaves us feeling increasingly anxious and stressed. Chamomile tea is a gentle relaxant and acts as an effective natural sedative, thereby reducing stress.
- Lightens Skin : Sipping into hot chamomile tea could do wonders for your skin too! This magic potion can be used as a natural skin bleach. Chamomile tea is packed with antioxidants which helps boost your skin health. It lightens the complexion and also gives you that glow you’ve always wanted.
- Boosts Immunity : Chamomile tea will not only kick illnesses to the curb, but also work as a great preventive measure. It fights harmful bacteria, and has the ability to boost your immune system.
- Treats Sunburn : The harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun can cause various problems for your skin. Chamomile tea is known for its antioxidant, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. You can brew the tea, chill it thoroughly, soak a towel in it and then apply to the sunburned area.
- Reduces Under-Eye Dark Circle : Never throw away Chamomile tea bags after using them, and refrigerate them instead. You can place the chilled tea bag over your eyes (especially after doing an eye massage) to lighten the eye area dramatically and reduce puffiness. You will find an instant difference in the way your eyes look and feel.
- Anti-Ageing : Chamomile tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants and protects the skin from free-radical damage. It accelerates cell and tissue regeneration, helps tighten the pores and slows down the ageing process.
- Treats Cuts, Wound and Skin Conditions : It has anti inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It also heals skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Gets Rid of Dandruff : Fed up of dandruff? Drink a cup of chamomile tea. Yes we are serious. Chamomile tea helps eliminate and prevent dandruff, soothe scalp irritation and promote healthy healthy. You can use it as a final rinse after washing your hair. It’s that simple!
- Treats Cold
- Promotes Sleep and Treats Insomnia
- Reduces Muscle Spasms and Period Pain
- Soothes Stomach Ache