Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack
- Nutmeg contains essential oils that are beneficial for your skin. Along with that, it also has antiseptic properties which help fight pimples and acne.
- Nutmeg is also known to be a sleep inducer. Milk is known to be a skin moisturizer and softener. The combination of the two works wonders in this mask.
- It makes the skin brighter and fairer up to two shades. The pigmentation has gone down considerably.
- It has even helped me with my sun spots.
- They have also faded to some extent.
- I really do not need to apply any other moisturizer after washing off this mask since milk moisturizes but does not break out my skin.
- The addition of saffron also adds to the benefits of the mask.
- Saffron’s exfoliating qualities make it a wonderful aid in clearing and brightening up the complexion. It helps in blood circulation resulting in a glowing skin.
- Whole nutmeg with skin removed.
- 1 tbsp of milk.
- 1 strand of saffron (optional).
- Stone grinder.
How to Make Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack:
- Wash the stone grinder and leave it a little moist.
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Pour a little milk onto the grinder and put in the saffron strand.
- Grind the saffron strand using the nutmeg itself.
- Apply a little pressure and move the nutmeg round in circles. If the mixture starts to feel dry, add in a little milk again.
- Keep grinding the nutmeg with milk until a desired quantity is achieved.
- Remove the paste into a bowl and apply it on the face and neck.
- Leave it on to dry. Minimum time is at least 30 minutes to get a good effect. You can also leave it overnight to get best results.
- Wash with warm water and pat to dry the face.
- If you have very oily skin, I suggest you make this mask in water or honey and skip the milk completely.
- Leave this mask on for at least 30 minutes, leaving it overnight gives better results.
- If you are known to be a night owl, I think you can use this mask at night since it also induces sleep to some extent.
- Using the grinding stone makes it possible to grind the nutmeg in extremely fine paste which does not irritate the acne or pimples.