Probably the most popular among Indian spices, turmeric, as you probably know by now, has been around forever, taking on various avatars – from digestive relief and natural antiseptic, to the beauty secret of divas.
But let’s focus on beauty for now.
From preventing and healing acne scars, treating uneven skin tone and being the go-to ingredient for that instant glow, turmeric pretty much does it all. But there’s no such thing as one turmeric face pack for all skin types so you’re going to have to mix and match a bit to get the one that’s just right for you.
So, you have dry skin woes but don’t want to miss out on the benefits of turmeric? Fret not.
Say hello to our special homemade turmeric face pack:
Turmeric Face Pack for Acne
Now what if chronic acne is your concern? Well, for starters, you should see a dermatologist just to rule out any serious underlying issues. After which, you may begin by steering clear of fried foods (at least till your skin is less angry), make sure you’re drinking lots of water, washing your face with a good soap-free face wash at least twice a day, and then of course, there is a homemade turmeric face pack just for you.
- If you have chronic acne, chances are, you have excessively oily skin. Or maybe an oily T-zone.
- In rare cases, the skin may appear dry on the surface even leading to cracks, while the acne just keeps on coming.
- So once you’ve done a basic assessment of the skin, use the turmeric face pack for dry skin or go for this alternate version for oily or acne prone skin:
- Take a couple of spoons of turmeric powder, add a few drops of lemon juice or rosewater, if that’s your preference.
- Make a paste and apply it on face.
- Once dry, wash it off with cold water.
- If you feel like you’re going to need even more help than that with the oily skin, add a teaspoon of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) to have all that excess oil absorbed in an instant, leaving your face soft, smooth and dazzling.
That’s basically it. The rest is about your personal preference. With turmeric being the main ingredient, it’s safe to experiment with a variety of add-on ingredients based on your unique skin needs. Always add yogurt or oil for moisture and fuller’s earth and rose water to absorb excess oil and you’re sorted.
This homemade face pack is safe to use twice a week apart from your daily skin care routine.
Have fun mixing and matching and turmeric-ing!